Monday, October 3, 2016

Carrot Ginger Muffins (Paleo)

I spent the last four days playing the harbinger of plague; thanks to coworkers who refuse to stay home ("It's just allergies..."), I found myself succumbing to a wicked cold, pleading softly for death to come and take me.

Death didn't come, and I missed several days of workouts, but Murdoch and I did manage to find time to bake some muffins on Saturday. They were based closely on Savory Lotus' Carrot Ginger Muffins. We got lazy and only grated half the ginger, and omitted the raisins, but they came out pretty good. These would be even better with a lot more ginger; next time, we might quadruple the amount (4 tablespoons!). Being that we are a lazy duo, we didn't take any photos.

We also triumphed in getting the second dog door installed, granting Murdoch VIP access to the house at all hours. This resulted of course in no small amount of guilt: Loki never got VIP access. We will see how it goes, if I come home just once and catch him watching John 5 and the Creatures videos, or, Lord forbid, "Doggy Bounce", he's getting his privileges revoked.

No comments:

Post a Comment